2020 is here! As you dive into the new year, take time to reflect on 2019 and set your intentions for 2020.
- No, not necessarily as a resolution, who keeps those anyway?! But rather, dedicate time to clarify and focus on your intentions for 2020.
- One of the best ways to do this is with your personal vision statement.
- As you may recall, we defined a personal vision statement in our previous blog.
- Now it’s time to hone in on the specifics and set values-based goals for your life.
A personal vision statement will help you if:
- You’re unsatisfied with your current life/work balance but can’t pinpoint why
- You’re overwhelmed with where to begin when you think about the future
- You’ve ‘checked all the boxes’ (i.e.; marriage, kids, degree, job) and still feel something is missing
- You feel that your life lacks meaning, purpose or direction
Your personal vision conveys how you commit to living your life
- It will guide you to get in touch with what is meaningful to you – what you truly care about.
- It influences all areas of your life, including family, work, physical well-being, leisure, social and intimate relationships, community connections, and spirituality
- Your clear personal vision integrates your abilities, interests, personality, values, goals, skills, experience, family of origin, and stage of adult development
When you take the Highlands Ability Battery (HAB), participate in the Personal Vision program, and design clear personal vision statement, you can:
- Have a guide for your important life decisions
- Become meaning-driven and inner-directed (rather than being influenced by superfluous external factors)
- Think about your life in the long-term
- Maintain balance in your life
- Apply clarity from all areas of your life to your career decision-making
This year, give yourself the gift of time – time to explore what it is you want out of your life. Then work with Marilyn to set actionable goals to achieve your ideal lifestyle. Marilyn will work collaboratively with you, at your own pace.
TO SCHEDULE A COMPLIMENTARY 10-MINUTE INTRODUCTORY CALL OR YOUR FULL 45-MINUTE CONSULTATION IN-PERSON OR VIRTUALLY, PLEASE CONTACT MARILYN AT: MARILYN@FETTNERCAREERCONSULTING.COM OR (847) 322-8292