What are the benefits to you of virtual coaching?
- There’s no traffic, road construction, or bad weather to deal with.
- You have flexibility to meet during the morning, mid-day, or late afternoon, when it may not be feasible for you to drive to an office.
- If you’re a little under-the-weather but feel well enough to meet, virtual coaching allows you to meet from the comfort of your home.
Trust and connection are essential components of a coaching relationship. With virtual coaching, the barrier of geography no longer exists, in finding a coach who’s the ‘right fit’
What do you need to know?
- Your device needs a working webcam and microphone. If you haven’t used it in a while, please test it before our first meeting.
- Choose a space in which you feel comfortable and safe, and that supports your ability to be open and honest.
- Select a private area, where no one else will be present during our meeting or a room where you can close the door.
How does virtual coaching work?
- The format and flow of the meeting is the same as if we were to meet in person.
- Once we confirm a meeting time, I will email you a video conference link. Just click on the link a few minutes before our meeting, and when we see each other on screen, our meeting will have begun!
What is virtual coaching like?
- The focus of coaching is to facilitate positive change through meaningful interaction. The skills a coach uses – observation, active listening, relevant questioning, conveying empathy and acceptance, and offering insightful feedback – are all present in virtual coaching.
- Because you’ll be meeting from you own location, you may feel more comfortable and safe. This can facilitate openness and make it easier for you to share information.
- As you probably know, the majority of communication is nonverbal – it’s estimated to be 70-95% of the ‘real’ meaning. Nonverbal communication includes facial expression, voice inflection and intonation, gestures, distance, and posture, which is all fully perceivable in virtual coaching.
Do you provide virtual coaching by phone?
- If you prefer to speak by phone or you’re located where video conferencing is unavailable, this is a good alternative.
How do you get started?
I look forward to working with you on a customized coaching plan to help you make important positive changes in your personal and /or professional life.