About Marilyn Fettner, LCPC, CCC, NCC
I am passionate about helping you live your best life, both professionally and personally. I believe there is always a solution, or at least some way to improve a situation or ease stress. In my work of over 25 years, I’ve coached students, executives, career changers, entrepreneurs, and back-to-work professionals of all kinds to achieve career satisfaction. I provide genuine, caring business-savvy and personalized resources to help you build a realistic plan for success. I started my practice in 1998, with career and life coaching services for adults. With additional education and training, I began providing counseling to adults 18 years and older, and also couples.
Whether you’re dealing with a career decision, a difficult relationship, or a learning, emotional or medical issue, each of these issues impacts the others. A holistic approach offers a big-picture viewpoint of how issues naturally interconnect in our lives. The advantage of this viewpoint is that new possibilities for solutions can emerge that might not have been evident by considering each issue in isolation.
Because I believe everything is connected, I use a holistic approach. This is why I’ve undertaken education and training in numerous practice areas that include career counseling, executive coaching, relationship and couples coaching, ADHD coaching, and others. This way, I can be a resource for you, whatever your challenge, with the benefit of a ‘whole person’ perspective.
“I adhere to my professional codes of ethics, including not practicing dual agency or out of my areas of expertise.“
Resources available for you:
- Illinois Licensed Professional Counselor
- Certified Career Counselor, CCC
National Career Development Association
- National Certified Counselor, National Board for Certified Counselors
- M.S. in Counseling, National Louis University
- M.A. in Human Resource Development, Webster University
- B.A. in Education, Northeastern Illinois University
- Certified in Myers-Briggs Type Indicator / MBTI and Strong Interest and Skills Confidence Inventory, Consulting Psychology Press
- Certified in Highlands Ability Battery, The Highlands Company
- Certified Personal Vision Coach, The Highlands Company
- Certified Coaching Instructor, Achieve Global
- CHADD Certified Volunteer Teacher Parent2Parent Program (for ADHD), CHADD
- Gottman Couples Method I, Gottman Institute
- Collaborative Divorce Coach, Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
- Trained Divorce Mediator, Northwestern University
- American Counseling Association
- Illinois Counseling Association
- National Career Development Association
- Exclusive Professional Women’s Networking Group
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Northern Illinois Society for Human Resource Management
- Guest career consultant on Fox TV’s Good Day Chicago & NBC TV’s Starting Over
- Quoted in Crain’s Chicago Business, Tribune’s Employment Outlook, Today’s Chicago Woman Magazine (and tcwmag.com), Make It Better Magazine, and ACA’s Counseling Today.
- Director of Training for McCormick Place / Navy Pier
- Manager for Coldwell Banker
- Director of Professional Development for the North Shore Board
- Certified Associate for Lee Hecht Harrison
- Junior High Teacher for Schechter Middle School
- Additional roles: recruiter, corporate training consultant, and freelance writer.