- Are you stuck in a job that isn’t you? Ready for a career change, but have no idea where to start? Or maybe you know what you’re looking for, but need a plan to get there?
- If one of these 5 challenges (or others) is creating a bottleneck, keep reading!
- Paralyzing indecision about whether to change your job, employer, or career.
- Asking for a raise.
- Applying for a promotion.
- Moving to a different department.
- Taking on new projects or responsibilities.
- Preparation is key when you’re at a career crossroad.
- Research and preparation create a space for a smooth start and provide logical steps for achieving your career change or advancement.
- When you prepare with market-driven strategies – before you make any moves – you will have built a strong foundation for a greater chance of succeeding at your career goal.
- 6 points to consider when planning your next career move.
- Be clear about what you want in your career. Your ultimate goal will dictate your plan.
- Research competencies needed to take the next step. Identify any gaps you may have, and grow your skillset to match what is necessary for the new role.
- Make yourself the most eligible candidate for what you’ve determined is your next career step. Take a class, take on a new project to gain needed experience or volunteer.
- Network, network, network. Whether it’s with your current employer or other employers, connections can help you become the “known” candidate.
- Be confident! Sometimes this is easier said than done, but it is a very important piece of the puzzle. After all, if you don’t believe in yourself, how can you expect others to be confident about you?
- Brand yourself to match your targeted job. Branding includes your resume, LinkedIn profile, and the message you convey when engaging with influencers.
Whether you know the change you want to make and just need a plan to get there – or you are stuck in confusion about your career direction, Marilyn can help you with career coaching and life coaching for all phases of the process – including building your confidence!
Contact Marilyn to schedule your 10-minute complimentary introductory phone chat or your 45-minute consultation at [email protected] or (847) 322-8292.