Are You at a Crossroads in Your Life?
- Did you just send your kids back to school? Maybe you sent an older child to college for the first time. Or maybe you have a younger child who just started preschool or kindergarten.
- Whatever your situation, it can be difficult transitioning to a new routine – but it can also be an opportunity to reflect on what YOU want to do.
- Navigating this transition can feel both scary and exciting.
- Perhaps you’re someone who knows exactly how you want to spend your time and what you want to do.
- But many people get overwhelmed with having more time on their hands and no idea what to do with it.
- Do you go back to work? If so, what can you do? Should you volunteer? Take up a new hobby?
- When trying to decide, it’s important to take these 3 points into consideration:
What do I have time for?
- Between family, friends and regular obligations, what is the realistic amount of time I can spend on a hobby, volunteering, or working?
Do I need to be earning income?
- Depending on your household income, your lifestyle, and your family priorities, a career move could be something to explore.
What is my passion?
- Whether you spend your time learning a new skill, volunteering, or working, you have to know what you’re passionate about.
- Time is precious and it seems to go more quickly the older we get.
- Now is the time to find out what’s important to you and identify an avocation or career that would be a good fit, so you can spend your time doing something that’s satisfying and fulfilling.
- It’s not easy figuring this out, but Marilyn can help. She will work with you, at your pace, to find a direction that fits your life goals and needs, as well as your values, interests, abilities, skills, and personality style.
Contact Marilyn for your 10-minute introductory phone chat, or 45-minute consultation at Marilyn@FettnerCareerConsulting.com or (847) 322-8292.