‘Do something you love and never work another day in your life’. We’ve all heard this quote but it’s easier said than done…or is it?
An important factor in being able to do work that you love and excel at, is to pay attention to any red flags about the job, environment, and people – BEFORE you commit to the job.
The list below offers some ‘red flags’ that can trigger a gut reaction warning you to take heed. Have you experienced any of these at one time or another?
- Rationalizing the location, pay, commute, or other factors that aren’t what you need or want
- Sensing that you can’t trust the interviewer
- There is no written job description
- Feeling that you aren’t being listened to
- A clear path forward to advancement is non-existent
- Responses to your questions are vague
- Employees you encounter look sullen or are unfriendly
This list is not exhaustive. You may be able to recall other ‘red flags’ you’ve experienced, warning you that you could be entering a ‘negative work zone.’
Working with Marilyn can help change your employment perspective and get you ‘un-stuck’ in your career.