Relationships can be challenging…
Whether you’ve been together for one year or 30 years, all couples can benefit from dedicated time to renew and revive their relationship. Life is difficult – whether it’s children, money, work, personal time (what’s that?), or other issues – couples naturally have struggled at different times in their relationship. Consider Couples Coaching.
Why Fettner Coaching? Marilyn Fettner, MCC, NCC, LCPC, has comprehensive experience and specialized training in key areas necessary for effective couples counseling:
- Training in the Gottman Method Couples Therapy, a renowned research-based approach
- In-depth expertise in work-life balance, a common catalyst for conflict in relationships
- A flexible and personalized perspective to facilitate an optimal couples coaching experience
- I employ a holistic and integrative approach, seeking to wholly understand each of you as individuals, but also primarily as a couple
- In addition to the Gottman Couples Method, I’m trained in numerous therapies including Solution-Focused, Cognitive Behavioral, Acceptance and Commitment, Internal Family Systems, Psychodynamic and others, as well as in coaching. Rather than being limited to only one approach, being versed in a variety of strategies allows me to select those that best fit your needs, goals and styles.
- Training in mediation and divorce coaching – outside of divorce, this specialized training is highly effective to facilitate positive communication and conflict resolution for couples.
- Being Certified in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator brings another tool that provides insight into your personality and communication styles. This tool can be instrumental in enhancing your understanding of each other.
I offer a safe, structured, respectful and supportive environment to express your feelings, work out difficult issues, and learn new ways to heal and grow.
When can Couples Coaching help?
- Communication problems
- Household management responsibilities
- Co-parenting style
- Money issues
- Trust concerns
- Frequent arguing/fighting
- Disconnection and/or loss of interest of each other
- Issues with parents, friends or others
- Commitment issues
- Intimacy problems
- Difficult transitions
- Death of a loved one
- Fertility problems
- Arrival of a new baby
- Work-life balance
- Career/Job problems
- Establishing healthy boundaries
- Post-divorce issues, especially custody/joint parenting
How can couples coaching help?
- By dedicating time to work on your relationship, you’ve signified the importance of your relationship. Relationships require nurturing and time. This is an essential first step in re-valuing your relationship and each other. Congratulations on taking this first step.
- You will be guided by a trained professional in tools, strategies and resources to more effectively speak, listen, express your feelings and thoughts, and deal with conflict
- Knowing your voice will be heard in a safe, empathetic and supportive environment, you can feel more comfortable to communicate openly
- You will learn how to work toward rediscovering your shared goals and dedicate time for fun and rebuilding intimacy
- Reconnect in ways that are better than ever
- Learn skills to address your differences in productive healthy ways
- Discern the value and meaningfulness of your relationship
- Gain clarity to make important decisions about your future together
What should you know about couples coaching?
- Your relationship is the focus and the client
- No secrets policy: this means that I do not keep anything a secret that either partner tells me, because the focus is on you, as a couple
- It will include education and training – to learn new ways to manage stress, conflict and communication
- There will be usually some form of homework and practice
- It’s confidential, as is any type of therapy